Dear school community,
This announcement is to inform you that an individual associated with Raritan Valley Elementary School has tested positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). The District has notified public health officials and is following CDC, state, and local health department guidance in order to assure the health and safety of our community.
Contact tracing has been completed at this time, and all close contacts have been notified and, if necessary, quarantined. Cleaning and disinfecting of all exposed areas and equipment is being carried out.
We understand the level of concern regarding COVID-19. We encourage parents and students to continue following the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention promoted safeguards, such as:
● Staying home when you are sick;
● Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
● Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
● Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
● Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
● Wearing a face covering while in school;
● Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
During this health emergency, you are encouraged to observe your child for any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and contact your child’s physician and the school nurse if any are noted. Also, please notify the school nurse if your child tests positive for COVID-19. If you have specific concerns or questions about your child’s health, contact your healthcare provider.